Why Are We Doing This?
- Promote the QS Apply Event, encouraging students to explore study-abroad programs and connect with top universities while driving event registrations.
- Increase brand awareness among the target audience.
- Engage with individuals aged 15 to 45 in Nairobi and its surroundings to attend the QS Apply Event.
The Mechanics Used
- SMS Marketing: We conducted a targeted SMS campaign, sending 10,000 messages highlighting the benefits of the QS Event to motivate registrations.
- Email Marketing: Our segmented email campaign targeted students, parents, and guardians. We emphasised event value and included a clear call to action.
- Influencer Marketing: We partnered with 35 nano-influencers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to ignite conversations about the QS Apply Event, driving buzz and registrations.
How It Worked
SMS Marketing Metrics:
- Total SMS Sent: 9,815 SMS
- Open Rate: 4,818 SMS
Email Marketing Metrics:
Email Blast 1:
- Sent Emails: 4,000
- Opens: 1,032
- Open Rate: 26%
- Link Clicks: 22
- Click Rate: 0.60%
Email Blast 2:
- Sent Emails: 4,024
- Opens: 1,076
- Open Rate: 26.90%
- Link Clicks: 31
- Click Rate: 0.80%
Email Blast 3:
- Sent Emails: 4,284
- Opens: 512
- Open Rate: 12%
- Link Clicks: 10
- Click Rate: 0.20%
Achieved reach and engagement on
- Instagram (18,824 reach, 152 engagement)
- Facebook (131,514 reach, 231 engagement)
- X (109,749 reach, 258 engagement)
- Achieved a reach of 260,000 individuals.
- Successfully raised awareness about QS through the SMS and Email Marketing Campaign.
- 361 event registrations from our SMS, Influencer and Email Marketing efforts.
- Established a valuable database for future email and SMS campaigns, allowing for precise targeting in upcoming Kenya campaigns.